January 26, 2014

Hola Again Salyuita Mexico




Exactly 6 years ago this week, I visited Salyulita, Mexico located just north of Puerto Vallarta.  It was a quaint, little, hippy surfing town. It was made appealing to me via editorial images I had send by Anne Menke.  Times change, places evolve and I suppose I have to get used to it as it comes with age.

I am currently experiencing my second visit. I am in shock as to how much the town has gentrified. When first arriving in the town, I was confused by paved streets that were once dirt road. There are many, many more tourists, hence solicitors on the beach trying to sell you anything from patisseries "with wings" to 4 month old blue nose chihuahuas. And of course trinkets including but not limited to… clothing, jewelry, blankets, baskets, bags, toys, massages and tours. Personally, I love when shopping comes to me, but over saturated pandering is annoying and not relaxing at all especially when on the beach.

As I am sure I have stated on this blog, "a picture is worth a thousand words"... so here are some shots of Salyulita from 2008 and now 2014:

2008

2014



2008
2014


2008
2014

2008

Dec 2013, shot by  Expert Vagabond.
I tried my best to photograph of one of these kids selling bracelets and stuffed animals on our last day.  But of course as life would have it, we saw them non-stop all week but couldn't find one to photograph when I wanted.


2008 
2014

No comments:

Post a Comment